Sunday, May 29, 2011

The first of many....

Re-upholstery projects that is.

We scored these great kitchen bar stools on Craigslist but they were in desperate need of a makeover. Plus, they just didn't match my kitchen colors. And lets face it, I'm a matchy-matchy kind of girl.

Now if I could just finish painting my kitchen I might actually let you see a picture of the stools in all their glory by my hideous tile countertop.

 They have this cool textured metal for the frames and they are surprisingly sturdy (and heavy). I love the details on the chair backs too!

 Ugh! Those cushions are quite NASTY if I do say so myself.


I was very impressed with the spray paint that I got, it evenly covered the textured metal very nicely. I bought it at Joann's since that's where I was when I decided I needed spray paint and didn't want to make the extra trip to Home Depot or Lowes. It's called American Accents by Rust-oleum. I got the Canyon Black in a smooth satin finish.




  And now the Reveal....
 
They turned out so beautiful! Now they match my kitchen perfectly!

The drapes on my sliding glass door were from Target and I loved the color, so I bought an extra set of panels and used the fabric to recover the cushions with. Pretty inexpensive way to get an exact fabric match!


Thanks for stopping by! And stay tuned because I have something VERY EXCITING coming up to share with you on Monday!


Linking up here:
UndertheTableandDreaming

2 comments:

Queli said...

Those look so great! Good thinking on the fabric idea!

Carolyn Easton said...

maaahvelous darling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails