Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee...

Won't my Mommy...be so proud of me. :-) My kids are really into this song right now, so I thought it might be fun to make some accessories for while we sing it. And yeah I know we could just do the hand motions, which are pretty much the same as what I made, but then I wouldn't have had an excuse to use my CRICUT!!

OKAY- Get ready to sing with me!!

I'm Bringing home a baby Bumblebee.
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me,
I'm Bringing home a baby Bumblebee...

OUCH! It Stung Me!!
I'm Smashing up my baby Bumblebee!
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me,
I'm Smashing up my baby Bumblebee!

EEEWWW! It's Messy!
I'm Wiping off my baby Bumblebee.
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me,
I'm Wiping off my baby Bumblebee.
Yay! I'm all Clean!

I was originally gonna use magnets to stick everything together, and it would have worked, except the lamination was a lot thicker than my magnets could hold. So...Velcro. It works great anyway.

Um,... yeah those are actually tire tread marks from the Camp Out Cartridge, it was the best I could do for smeared bumblebee. :-)

5 comments:

Kasey said...

This is such a cute idea. I just may have to make these. Thanks for sharing.

Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

How cute! I remember that song from when I was a kid...will have to sing with my son tomorrow! :)

Cynthia V said...

I love this! My kids and I will be doing a bug/insect theme this spring. Can you tell me which cartridges you used for all the other pieces. Great use of the tire tread cut out. Are you cutting with the Imagine or Expression? Thanks so much for the idea.

Jackie said...

How did you end the song when he threw up the bumble bee? What prompts did you use? GREAT IDEA :) Thanks!


I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee -
OUCH!! It stung me!!

I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee -
EW!! What a mess!!

I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee -
ICK!! I feel sick!!

I'm throwin' up my baby bumble bee
Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
I'm throwin' up my baby bumble bee -

Anonymous said...

Considering the serious issue with the decline in the world's bee populations, this song is not only gory and disturbing (seemingly promoting psychotic behaviour in children) it is teaching children the opposite of what we NEED to teach them. Without bees all life on earth will die out, including your family. As a teacher, I struggle to comprehend why any sane person would teach this song to their children and I implore everyone to think about the lyrics and the messages of songs and choose those that encourage healthy behaviour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails