Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Desk Organizers

A little over a year ago I taught a class where we made these Desk Organizers for a Father's Day Craft, of course not in these colors, I made these ones here for my sister and me.


There are 8 little drawers, 2 on each side and the center is a hole for holding pens, scissors, whatever.

I used to make notebooks out of cardboard and these inexpensive notepads, so I made one to match for my sister. Some of the drawers have dividers in them too!





Try to ignore the blurry spot on all the photos, apparently my lens was dirty and I didn't notice...oops!

Since I made these I have found some very similar things online in various places, but my original inspiration was based on this mini matchbook advent calendar. There is a great tutorial for this HERE.  I believe the top of this is 4 x 4, and I made my desk organizers quite a bit larger at 8 x 8.



Just a question... Do you think anyone might be interested in buying one of these? Or maybe a whole set of matching desk accessories? I am thinking of making some more to put in my ETSY shop...which has been vacant for like a year! I don't know, just a thought.

*Edited* I now have some for sale in my ETSY shop! Check it out!!

Linking up here:








4 comments:

janimal said...

I think those look great, and I can definitely see them being sold on Etsy! On my desk I don't have room for something that size, but I can see it being used to hold crafting materials other than on an office desk. Ohh, maybe a kit with instructions on putting one together would sell too. I think it would be nice to have matching accessories. I keep meaning to modge podge my stapler and tape dispenser to make them pretty, and haven't gotten around to it. It would be nice to just buy some already prettied up.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Katie said...

Those are fabulous! I think you should list some for sure. I've seen tutes for things like this but they seem too complicated to me. I'd rather be lazy and buy one☺

Carolyn Easton said...

People buy anything almost. Worth a shot!

Mayje said...

Awww... They look so pretty! Very crafty and chic!

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails